Friday, September 24, 2010

A Handful of Poetry

I just thought I would share some of my poems which I wrote earlier this year.

The way of the world
Thinking in our reasoned light
No answer blocks our say.
Running from towards the night,
We carry on our way.

In our gloried human right
We worship sun and day,
Spurning thoughts revealing light
And carry on our way.

Heedless in our hopeless height,
The heretics we flay.
Running downwards in the night,
Our golden glory gray.

Through cold fog and blighted sight
We barely see the ray.
Truthful and forgiving light;
We tarry on our way.

I Stopped To Watch the Shadows Dance
I stopped to watch the shadows dance
  One silent autumn day,
The light embraced the sighing boughs,
  Scattering golds of may.

The breeze was soft upon my cheeks
   As feathers to the touch;
It took my scarf in playful grasp
  Unmindful of my clutch.

And now, alive and yet so silent,
  To earth the colours float,
Now empty though with life so full--
  The sea without a boat.

I must move on, don't trust my heart,
  Must go before I break.
Life is just a shadow passing--
  Reflections on a lake.

I'll come tomorrow in the dawn;
  I must not stay tonight.
The sun has gone and so must I,
  I'll come back with the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment