Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Claude Monet


   It must be a rather good thing that we were made to be able avoid things which we do not admire, because then we remove ourselves from that thing and consequently can prevent ourselves becoming something we do not like. It is true that how we are brought up and and the people around us lend something to our character, but they do not entirely make us who we are. We make choices every day and each one no matter how small has an affect on ourselves.
   I do not mean to make this an essay on what makes us ourselves, for then I would have many other aspects to consider, I just wanted to share a thought. It is so apparent in my own life, I who am so different from the people around me. I used to almost hate who I was and try and blame things on others, but now I am so glad, glad, glad that I am me and that God did it with a purpose in mind.

   I wrote this in the middle of the night a few days ago with such a feeling of content and joy:
I have nothing to be unthankful for. I am so blessed, I have everything I ever wanted and more. Why is my life so happy and peaceful while so many others must live in sorrow. Perhaps is a training ground for some hardship ahead in my life, but I can look forwards to that with joy for as he cares for me now he will never forsake me.

   I have been reading about famous artists and there works. It is very interesting to learn of their lives and and their art. I am at the moment reading about Claude Monet. He has some very beautiful and inspiring works.
I have been just reading now part of his autobiography which I expected to a bit dry as everything I had been reading just before that was beginning to bore me with facts, but this was really interesting and I got drawn into it. I will finish reading it when I have posted this.

 " The subject is of secondary importance to me ; what I want to reproduce is that which is in between the subject and me."--Claude Monet

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder as well why I am so blessed and others are not. I can only think that God is preparing me for something some day, but I don't know! In the meantime, I thank God for all he has given me!

    I love Monet! He's one of my favourite painters. :)

    ReplyDelete