Thursday, January 27, 2011

Short(ish) Story: Evalade

 I recently completed a story for Wickfield 's FicSwap. I was a little rushed and finished late but here is the link to Evalade. Evalade, A Story.

  Here are some quick sketches I did to illustrate it but haven't added them to the work yet.


   I used an imaginary place I drew this map for some years ago for the story setting, the Isle of Lilt.

  My attempt at drawing a Fairy Penguin. These birds live here where I live in NZ, You can hardly fail to see one if you go out in a boat to sea.

  Cute arn't they!

 A sheet of clear glass
Crystal-like in clarity

Through it the eyes pass
From barren, bold austerity
To each golden rainbow coloured shape

The air appeared clean and fresh and bright
Blue rippled the water in its wake

There was no haze to dim the eye
But yet a veil lowered tween me and the dream
And the glass grew dim as from a sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment