Monday, May 2, 2011

My April

   I apologise, but cannot be forgiven for not having posted for so long.
This last month has been a whirl of activity, first was Nan's ( Grandma's) 80th birthday weekend our whole family went down to Lake Toupo for the weekend in a house right by the lake with a beautiful view of the mountains. We climbed them on one of the days and there was even a sprinkling of early snow on the lower slopes.
   The view from the house where all 16 of us stayed. (Mt. Ruapehu)

Lake Toupo is so beautiful, especially in autumn


Mt. Ngauruhoe, from a ski field in summer, on Mt.Ruapehu

Where we stayed the edges of the cold lake were hot and in the mornings steam came off the edges.

It was very fun spending time with family, I could go on and on but it feels so long ago, like history now. 
The next weekend after that I stayed at my friends house for her sixteenth birthday party. Everyone dressed up and I went as Jane Austen. :) (sorry don't have any photos yet)

But what I've mostly been doing is being away for over a week at Easter Camp, I only got back last Friday, the 29th. It was a christian youth camp and quite an experience, never having been to school, being surrounded by 430 teenagers for four days took a bit of getting used to! It was an amazing experience. 
Then as soon as I got back I had to start painting as I was supposed to get a painting done for my cousins birthday. 'twill be done in the nick of time!

I am sitting with mum's laptop in the lounge, mum is sitting opposite texting ( she dose that more than me now, and is even learning to use her thumb!) my cat Pansy is crying and cuddling up to me, she is sad because her kittens went to the pet shop. Nathaniel and I started our old clock which was my grandfathers, it can chime Big Ben every hour but we set it so it only chimes the hour every hour. It looks something like this.


1 comment:

  1. Bye the way all the photos of Toupo were taken by my brother, Pete. and the clock is courtesy of Google. :)

    ReplyDelete