Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm Home

by John White Alexander (American 1856-1915) ~ Sunlight
  I am home from a very nice time away house sitting. It was nice to be by myself for a time with all the animals there, four dogs, three cats, and two ponies. I spend time every day with the horses and started the little pony Heidi, so now all the little boys can ride her.
   I have only now had time to have a proper look at blogger and all the lovely blogs I follow. I found the above picture on Love for Books  where there are allot of beautiful illustrations from books. The painting caught my fancy immediately, I love the skirt of the dress and how the ribbons of light fall across it. The only fault I find with it is her pose my be a little too dramatic or overstated and her face isn't what it could be.
  Also this came up in my emails from Poetry Soup and I thought of interest to share with even those who don't write poetry. Who hasn't read at least 95% of them in poetry and prose too?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Felicity! I'm glad you had a great time house-sitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) And happy birthday for the other day!

    ( You don't know how encouraging (or perhaps you do!) it is to receive a comment, it makes me want to write more! )

    ReplyDelete