Monday, September 19, 2011

Circle skirts!

I think it's time I wrote a post........

Circle skirts! I am making one


Out of an old sheet of all things! well when you don't happen to have any spare material big enough lying about...what else can an inspired girl do.


Another slight inconvenience is that our old sewing machine finally decided she has done with stitching and will only run on the condition she doesn't make a stitch!


So I have been doing it by hand, practicing my backstich! But I like to sew by hand. Though time consuming its relaxing and--fun--really

All along I have been  vaguely following the instructions on Casey's sew along.

I'll post some photos of the finished result. Have a good week :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, how fun!! I love circle skirts!! I think sheets are a great idea. In fact, when we were making a regency movie with some friends we just bought sheets for our dresses. Hey, it works right? haha!

    I can't wait to see pictures of the finished skirt. and, I agree. Hand stitching is lots of work, but tons of fun and so satisfactory afterwards! :) I did a skirt by hand once and never regretted it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great arn't they! Yea sheets are very handy! :)

    ReplyDelete