Friday, August 26, 2011

The Ultimate Book Bash: Part 3



 18.  Name three books everyone should read.
The Bible, The Complete Works of Shakespeare,  and a Dictionary. Well you did say 'everyone should'!

    19.  Name two books we wouldn't have expected you to enjoy.
I'm not sure exactly what this means but two books you wouldn't have expected me to enjoy but which I did enjoy are Hmm... perhaps, but I don't know what you would think is unenjoyable! What about Charles Dickens' a Child's History of England, but I only enjoyed the beginning of that. Or perhaps you would not have expect me to enjoy Shakespeare! I do enjoy him when I am not in a 'I want to be given entertainment rather than give my mind to get it' state of mind.

    20.  Name three books that have good movies to go with them.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, both the latest movies are good but the 1995 one is more true to the book. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens, but then I watched the movie first. And Cranford by Elisabeth Gaskel so amusing both book and movie.

    21.  Any books coming out soon that you're looking forward to?
My Mama's book Arkiahh's Dream, make sure you look out for it next year!

    22.  Name two authors you'd like to talk to.
Louisa May Alcott, because it would be comfortable and she would only put me in a book if we became well acquainted and by then I wouldn't mind. Jane Austen and find out what she really was like, though I should be scared to death and she would hold me in contempt. What are all authors like behind their front of words, behind the book, and not how they are to fans, but to their family? Would we be disappointed?

    23.  Science fiction or a fairy tale?
A fairy tale, especially one by Hans Christian Anderson or George McDonald

    24.  A classic book you haven't read is...?
Utopia, I want to read that.

    25.  Shakespeare or George Bernard Shaw (who wrotePygmalion)?
Shakespeare

    26.  Name a movie (or two) where it's actually better than the book.
Hmm...Black Beauty I can't help but cry when I see it. And The Scarlett Pimpernell, but that's not really valid as I haven't read the book.

    27.  Where is your favorite place to read?
On my bed, beneath the window with a cat or two curled up on my knees and the late afternoon sun coming through the lace curtains....

No comments:

Post a Comment