Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Ultimate Book Bash: Day 2


     7.   Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys? Which book in your favorite set is your favorite?
Nancy Drew I think. My older sister used to read them and my brother the Hardy Boys. I used to read some of his books and they begin with a bang, continue with a bang, and end with a bang, and hardly room in between to breath in! I guess that's why they are so popular with boys. I really don't know which one I prefer out of all the Nancy Drew books, I think I liked the one about the sign writing but I can't really remember.


    8.  Narnia or Harry Potter? Name your favorite from the series you like best.
Narnia of course! (But that's because I haven't read Harry Potter.) My favorite is The Horse and His Boy.
  
   9.  A cookbook or a how-to-sew book?
I think it would be a cook book at the moment. Especially one with interesting potato recipes! :) Like this one.
    
   10.  Historical fiction or fantasy? Name three books you like from the genre you chose.
Historical. Haven't I already named more than that, they are all in that genre! Nevertheless I am glad of the opportunity to name three more. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens a book that belongs to my 'Worth Re-reading List', was actually written as a historical fiction novel in his old times.As was Waverley by Sir Walter Scott. Third historical fiction is Gone With the Wind By Margaret Mitchel, which I know many don't like because of the horrid little Scarlett who is incredibly selfish. But I enjoy reading it the author dose not excuse her selfishness and neither dose she get away with it!


    11.  Hardcover or softcover?
Hardcover please, I love a good quality book.
 
   12. Louisa May Alcott or Lucy Maud Montgomery? Name your favorite book by the author you chose.
Hmm... this is a harder question, like choosing between two fiends! But I think I will have to choose in favor of L. M. Montgomery (I know Louisa Alcott will be least offended!) I could not do without her Emily Climbs.
   
   12.  Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte? Name your favorite book by the author you chose.
I am a loyal fan of Jane Austen and my favorite book of hers is Persuasion. Full of her witty charm and the heroine is a genuine girl who makes mistakes and isn't the striking beauty either. 
    
   13.  Would you rather read historical fiction about the sinking of the Titanic, or the Civil War?
I think I would like to read something about the sinking of the Titanic as I have never read a novel on that subject. This book looks interesting, though it isn't exactly fiction.

    14.  What's your favorite classic? Why?
Well I only read classics so what is my favorite book? That is a question a book lover loves to contemplate and dreads to answer! Well I shall choose a book that is a true classic, the most bestselling book that has ever been read! I hope this is obvious!

    14.  Little Women or A Little Princess?
Both books have so much to offer. Today I feel more like A Little Princess than a 'Little Woman'!

    15.  What's your favorite time period to read about?
Right now I feel like having a ball in hoop skirts and corsets!  But I change with every wind that blows!

    16.  G. A. Henty, J. R. R. Tolkien, or Charles Dickens? What's your favorite book or series by the author you chose?
The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens

    17.  Ivanhoe or Ben-Hur?
Ivanhoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment